To me, Halloween means trick-or-treating, costumes, and playoff baseball. And at Headquarters in Dallas, things are buzzing. I know Southwest serves 72 great cities, but at home base, we're all pumped for our Texas Rangers.
In the summer, several Rangers players traded places with our Employees in the Field (our field). Mitch Moreland was one of them. Moreland got to bring a plane into the gate, and wash its windows. The Captain exchanged banter with Moreland after arriving safely at the gate (the flight deck has windows you can open to get some fresh air, when the plane is on the ground).
The above picture became great fodder for a caption contest. And with every caption contest comes a prize! A few lucky registered commenters will receive an autographed Nolan Ryan baseball.
How do you register? Just create a Nuts About Southwest account with a valid email address. That's how we connect with you if your comment is a winner. To place a comment, simply scroll down to the bottom of this blog post. Your comment goes through a moderation queue, so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up right away!
This one won't go to seven games, there's only one contest! So have fun, be creative, and get ready for a chance at an autographed Nolan Ryan baseball!
1. To Enter: No purchase or obligation necessary. Contest runs October 21, 2011 from 10:00 am CST – October 21, 2011 at 5:00 pm CST. To enter without purchase or obligation, submit an original caption for the photo as a comment on Nuts About Southwest. All entries become property of the sponsor and will not be returned. Entries limited to one (1) per person. Anonymous entries will be considered invalid. You warrant your comment will not be sexually explicit, unnecessarily violent or derogatory. It cannot promote drugs, alcohol, or firearms. It cannot contain trademarks, logos or copyrighted materials owned by others.
2. Selection of Winner: On or about October 21, 2011 at 5:30 pm CST, members of the Southwest Airlines Emerging Media Team will review all eligible entries received and choose a winner. The judges will be judging on the following qualities:
∙ Creativity and Originality: 20% ∙ Entertaining: 25% ∙ Southwest Appeal: 35% - entry should reflect our Culture and Fun-LUVing Attitude. ∙ Rules: 20% Read and complied with the official rules. Prizes are guaranteed to be awarded. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
3. Prize: Three (3) Grand Prizes to consist of one (1) autographed Nolan Ryan baseball.
4. Eligibility: Contest open to all legal US residents, 21 years and older as of October 20, 2011. Employees of Southwest Airlines Co., AirTran Airways, Inc., and their advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Contest subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree to these official rules and accept decisions of the Sponsor as final. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. The promotion is offered in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this site if you are not located in the United States.
5. To Claim Prize: Potential winner only will be notified by Southwest Airlines via e-mail, and winner must provide valid address (No P.O. Boxes). Unclaimed or undeliverable prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are guaranteed to be awarded. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner's name, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in any media without additional compensation. Winners must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within one (1) day of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be chosen. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize.
6. Limitation of Liability: Neither Sponsor, nor their affiliated entities, are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any related materials; stolen, fraudulent, entries or mail; or transactions that are processed or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction. Winners are solely responsible for payment of all federal, state, and local taxes on prize and for any travel or other expenses not specifically mentioned in prize description. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify Contest if fraud or technical failure compromise the integrity of the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. This Contest offer is being made exclusively by Sponsor.
Sponsor not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission whether caused by Sponsor, user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the process of submissions which may limit a participants ability to participate in this promotion.
7. Winner's List: To request a Winner's Name List, send a self addressed stamped return envelope, after October 21, 2011, to Southwest Airlines Emerging Media. All requests must be received by August 15, 2011. Utah and Washington residents may omit return postage.