Nonstop Love: Peach within Reach
Nonstop Love: Peach within Reach
Beginning October 13, Dallas Love Field is FREE! The restrictions of the Wright Amendment will be gone, ushering in nonstop destinations that span from coast to coast. Southwest has been counting down the years and weeks (literally—we have a billboard at the Love Field entrance and a countdown clock in our Headquarters lobby) until we can say, “Goodbye, Wright Amendment. Hello, America!"We are excited to begin this new era by serving five new nonstop destinations on October 13, followed by ten additional new nonstop destinations on November 2. The addition of these 15 new nonstop destinations will bring Southwest to a total of 31 nonstop destinations from Love Field. In anticipation of this momentous event, each week we will take a look at one of the cities that North Texas Customers will be able to soon visit nonstop on Southwest. Each post is written by a Southwest Employee who is affiliated with the city and can give an insider’s view of what to see and do while visiting. Enjoy! I’ve lived in Atlanta for a little more than ten years, and some of my fondest memories here include meeting my husband and tailgating at football games. There’s always something to do or see, and being in the south, Atlanta gives visitors a big dose of Southern Charm! Visiting Atlanta will start and end with excitement, so I definitely suggest you give my city a try. Atlanta serves connections to over 40 cities with 160 nonstop departures a day. Talk about a lot of visitors! This bustling city is outpouring with an enriching culture of music, history, and family adventure. Atlanta is also home to a Southwest Porch (pictured above), so be sure to swing by! You’ll never see it all, but here’s what I recommend as a good start... Your Atlanta to-do list: To Eat:
- The Varsity: With many locations throughout Atlanta, The Varsity is infamous for their outstanding hotdogs. It’s a must-try for everyone with a variety of non-hotdog choices as well. Take in the delicious food and rich history!
- World of Coca-Cola: No matter what kind of soda fan you are, you have to check out the World of Coca-Cola. Try samples of every Coke variation in the world and enjoy their many attractions.
- Local Boutiques: Atlanta has excellent shopping, so spend some time exploring all the fun, local boutiques. You’ll be surprised what you can find!
- Atlanta Botanical Garden: More than 30 acres, The Atlanta Botanical Garden is home to some breath-taking sculptures and greenery that will astound and impress. This beauty is fun for all ages!
- Georgia Aquarium: The Georgia Aquarium is one of the top aquariums in the southwest. It’s definitely a place to visit, especially if you LUV dolphins! They have some of the coolest shows, and, in fact, Dolphin 1, one of our AirTran aircraft, celebrates them!
- Martin Luther King Center: Admission is free at the Martin Luther King Center, and the park is extremely intriguing. The King Center really showcases the impact Dr. King had in Atlanta and the nation.
- Live Music: Many local restaurants and bars host live music. Music is such an integral part of Atlanta, so it isn’t hard to find. Be sure to wonder into at least one live show during your time to experience Atlanta like the locals enjoy it!
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.