Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can Free Boarding Upgrades Be Used For Person Traveling With Me on Same Reservation?

cbrent76
Explorer C

I am traveling with my girlfriend who is not a Rapid rewards member, but our tickets were purchased on the same reservation. If I were to use my free upgrades from my RR Credit Card, can I use for her as well. Also, if the answer is yes, will it include both legs of my flight (not the return trip just the 2 legs going)?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can Free Boarding Upgrades Be Used For Person Traveling With Me on Same Reservation?

Munsingerjc
Adventurer C

Hello! So just to clarify. 2 free early bird check-ins are included with your credit card, nor early boarding or pre-boarding although it is extremely worth it!

To answer your question:

Yes!! So basically southwest will just reimburse credit card, there isn't like a promo code you get if that makes sense. So it will just show two early birds and reimburse, no name will be tied to the credit card statement so you can use them for whoever you would like! Just make sure to use your rr credit card of rewards credit card of choice! And yes, it will count for both legs for each person!!

Re: Can Free Boarding Upgrades Be Used For Person Traveling With Me on Same Reservation?

cbrent76
Explorer C

This is what my card says online. It does not mention early-bird check in:

"You have used 0 of 4 priority boarding upgrades this year.

When available, Upgraded Boardings allow you to secure a position in the A1-A15 boarding group. Your annual Upgraded Boardings benefit will reset after your statement closing date in 12/2024."

Can someone confirm that when I check-in and use an upgraded boarding for each of us, it will only count for 2 uses even though we have 2 flights (4 total between the 2 of us) to get to our destination... Leaving me with 2 priority upgrades to use later? Or will it use all 4 of them up?

Thanks! 

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

You can use your upgraded boarding 'freebies"  however you like for whomever you like,  So yes, you can use two of them -- one each for you and your girlfriend.

If you wish , You can use the remaining two for your return .

Get your girlfriend a RR account. She is missing out on earning points.-