Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can't login using iPhone app but can login in to web app

richwag
Explorer C

I recently got a new iPhone and when I try to login to the iPhone app, I get an error. I can login using those credentials in the web app on my phone.

I've tried removing the app, and redownloading it and it never lets me login.

Any advise?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can't login using iPhone app but can login in to web app

jksobonya
Aviator A

Seems strange that you can't log into the app, especially if you can log in via the browser.

I have found that, at times, the app will auto-log me out and I have to log in again, especially if there is a new app update. See if the app needs to be updated, and if so download the update and try again. It should eventually let you log in, sometimes there are connection issues and the login doesn't work for a time, but it's rare.

--Jessica

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@richwag wrote:

I recently got a new iPhone and when I try to login to the iPhone app, I get an error. I can login using those credentials in the web app on my phone.

Any advise?

Make sure that it's pulling in the correct password credentials, the autofill might be incorrect, try typing it in fresh.

Also try it with and without wifi on...I mean try on wifi and then if that doesn't work try it on cellular data.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@richwag wrote:

Any advise?

Hi @richwag 

I Echo @jksobonya 

Southwest's website was acting a little buggy on Tuesday. I ran into trouble booking the WOW50 promo flights as I was not able to log into the website for a short period. 

As of today, everything is AOK. Try logging in again.