Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can you use the $75 annual travel credit for Early Bird after you've used the 4 upgraded boardings?

Beckett1018
Explorer C

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Can you use the $75 annual travel credit for Early Bird after you've used the 4 upgraded boardin

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

It appears the answer is "Yes".

I would double-check your terms of your account specifically but according to the currently published terms for the Priority Card, any Southwest Airlines product purchase counts if purchased directly through Southwest Airlines, except for Upgraded Boarding and in-flight purchases. I assume this would include Early Bird Check In.

$75 Southwest® Annual Travel Credit: A statement credit will automatically be applied to your account when your Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Priority Card is used for Southwest Airlines® purchases (excluding Upgraded Boardings and inflight purchases), up to an anniversary year maximum accumulation of $75.

https://creditcards.chase.com/travel-credit-cards/southwest/priority

I think this also excludes non-airline related or partner purchases like Southwest Hotels and Car Rentals as these transactions are handled through other providers.

Re: Can you use the $75 annual travel credit for Early Bird after you've used the 4 upgraded boardin

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@SoCalFlyer97 wrote:

It appears the answer is "Yes".

I would double-check your terms of your account specifically but according to the currently published terms for the Priority Card, any Southwest Airlines product purchase counts if purchased directly through Southwest Airlines, except for Upgraded Boarding and in-flight purchases. I assume this would include Early Bird Check In.

$75 Southwest® Annual Travel Credit: A statement credit will automatically be applied to your account when your Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Priority Card is used for Southwest Airlines® purchases (excluding Upgraded Boardings and inflight purchases), up to an anniversary year maximum accumulation of $75.

https://creditcards.chase.com/travel-credit-cards/southwest/priority

I think this also excludes non-airline related or partner purchases like Southwest Hotels and Car Rentals as these transactions are handled through other providers.

So one clarification would be that it may not matter if you used your upgraded boarding positions or not since they aren't eligible for the $75, they are a separate category.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.