Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Check in at MCO - DISASTER

floridaguy
Aviator C

Now you stand in line to use the kiosk and then stand in another line waiting for your turn for the next available agent.  You end up hauling your bags all around the airport and there are TWO DEDICATED EMPLOYEES to just managing the traffice.

Restore the prior system where you approached the baggage check as soon as you were done with the kiosk.  Your changes are inefficient and take two additional employees to manage.

If I were managing operations locally, I would be holding people accountable for such nonsense.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Check in at MCO - DISASTER

bec102896
Aviator A

What’s your thoughts about the separate check in for North East travel? 

Re: Check in at MCO - DISASTER

floridaguy
Aviator C

Yeah, I saw that too.  I wonder how many people are in the wrong areas only to have their flight compromised.

The northeast travel was completely empty, while the other area was rather busy.  I learned as a freshman in high school that if you have an imbalance in your procedures like that, you have inefficiency.

I welcome the opportunity to debate the genius at Southwest who engineered either or both of those processes.  Give me a day and I'll attend a live podcast debate of the issue.