Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion holder not in sequential boarding

gelika
Explorer C

Good morning,

I have traveled with my son as a companion for many years. I am A-list. He has always been the number after me for boarding. For my flight today I am A24 and he is C41. I purchased a Wanna Getaway Fare back in early July and he was added as a companion at the same time. Not sure why we didn’t get sequential boarding. Anyone have any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Companion holder not in sequential boarding

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@gelika wrote:

Good morning,

I have traveled with my son as a companion for many years. I am A-list. He has always been the number after me for boarding. For my flight today I am A24 and he is C41. I purchased a Wanna Getaway Fare back in early July and he was added as a companion at the same time. Not sure why we didn’t get sequential boarding. Anyone have any ideas?

Hello-

I assume that your son was included on your reservation and no changes were made to your son's booking after the 36 hour mark of the flight departure.

According to Southwest's website, as A-List, you and everyone on your reservation should get an earlier boarding position after the Business Select/Upgraded Boarding persons (A1-A15) and A-List Preferred group.

Did you already take your trip or will you travel tomorrow? If you already took your trip, I would contact Customer Service through your A-List Member Phone Line so they can review.

Either way, should this happen again with no changes made after the 36 hour mark, I would first see a CSA at the landside ticket counter upon arriving at the airport  who should be able to assist (as A-List, use the Fly-By Priority Lane to bypass the line). Worst case would likely be the two of you would board in between the A and B groups.

gelika
Explorer C

Thank you for responding. Yes he was added originally on my reservation and no changes were made. We just landed from our flight and customer service agents said it was a glitch in system and he should have been right after me. They printed a new boarding pass that stated  “extra time” for which he could board after the A group. We actually had him board with us, showed that his boarding pass actually had companion and extra time on it and had zero issues with the gate agent. 

cheyenneallgood
Employee
Employee

Sorry to hear that @gelika, but glad our folks at the airport were able to help you out! If you continue to experience this issue, please contact us either via your A-List contact number or our other forms of communication.