Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: How mad should I be about this and do I have any options

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

I echo @dfwskier and would email a complaint to Customer Service as soon as possible if you haven't done so already. 

https://support.southwest.com/email-us/s/

Just for the record, SAN's travel advisory was posted to Southwest's website and via text message during the late morning on Friday 8/18 to those who had booked flights to/from/thru SoCal through the storm period; I was away on a trip at SMF from SAN the Friday before Tropical Storm Hilary when I got the text alert and had another one booked from ONT-LAS that Monday 8/21. SAN's advisory appeared to not go into effect until Sunday 8/20 but I'm not sure if the weather advisory was bumped up to that  Saturday as the storm got closer. This is what the advisory looked like that Friday: 

Travel Advisories Hilary SW Website.png

Definitely worth it and advised per the DOT to contact Southwest Customer Service to follow up on this matter since another carrier was able to serve your travel needs. Be sure to hang on to any receipts for the extra expenditures.  

ABWLDS3
Explorer B

Thanks @SoCalFlyer97 . Yeah the travel advisory still looked the same on Saturday, they did not change it. I sent a complaint yesterday and today received a generic email response that did not address my complaint and offered to refund my one way flight. There was no option to reply to their response. Anything else I can do? Should I call or is that a waste?

i honestly feel like they either overbooked and/or underbooked and used Hillary as a way to cancel the flight without have to provide much in compensation to the passengers 

ABWLDS3
Explorer B

952B42A1-8A0B-4D73-B504-6ED02C798E9D.png