Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Internationa CkIn - Non US citizen

Jleiton011
Explorer C

About 6 months ago I complaint about the discriminatory process for check in 24 hours before departure when traveling internationally and not holding a US Passport. To this date you have not responded with a solution

At the cutoff of the 24 hours , if you are not a US Citizen you will be required to fill out additional information and then allowed to check in , this of course puts us non US citizen in disadvantage as when the process of filling out Alien information (US Resident or Visa Holder) you end up with C boarding priority .

I need to understand why you discriminate the non US citizens in your check in process?

Why can't a non US citizen filled out all required documentation before hand so that the chances are the same for everyone?

Where, in your documentation, mentions that you need to complete extra information to proof your traveling documents ?

Why can't the system allow you to obtain a boarding position and then if further verification is required then your boarding pass will have a restriction that needs to see an agent at the airport to verify traveling documents?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Internationa CkIn - Non US citizen

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@Jleiton011 wrote:

About 6 months ago I complaint about the discriminatory process for check in 24 hours before departure when traveling internationally and not holding a US Passport. To this date you have not responded with a solution

At the cutoff of the 24 hours , if you are not a US Citizen you will be required to fill out additional information and then allowed to check in , this of course puts us non US citizen in disadvantage as when the process of filling out Alien information (US Resident or Visa Holder) you end up with C boarding priority .

I need to understand why you discriminate the non US citizens in your check in process?

Why can't a non US citizen filled out all required documentation before hand so that the chances are the same for everyone?

Where, in your documentation, mentions that you need to complete extra information to proof your traveling documents ?

Why can't the system allow you to obtain a boarding position and then if further verification is required then your boarding pass will have a restriction that needs to see an agent at the airport to verify traveling documents?

Hello:

I would follow up directly with SW Customer Service on your suggestion as this message board is customer-to-customer.

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/email-us

You can also submit a DM via Twitter/X.

Hope this helps!

Re: Internationa CkIn - Non US citizen

bballflyer
Adventurer C

This is a forum for SW customers, it is not their customer service site.  If you wish to get a response to an inquiry from SW you'll need to contract their customer service.