Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Kudos!

campbeke
Explorer C

On a recent trip to Hawaii and back, I was not receiving TSA pre-check.  TSA was helpful when I called, but asked me to check first with Southwest.  (I see from other threads that Southwest software may be having distinct problems recognizing KTNs.) 

First, I got help from Alison during check-in at RDU early on Sept 12.  Not only did she check one bag from RDU through to Honolulu (my flights were RDU to Nashville, then Nashville to Honolulu), she invited a less-experienced agent to learn how to do that.  Then Alison tackled the KTN conundrum, and got my TSA pre-check activated through to Honolulu.  The problems were some combo of how my name is rendered in my TSA record and in my Southwest account, and a typo I introduced in my TKN when making the reservations.

Returning via Honolulu on 9/21, I got help from Shannon Correa to get pre-check on my next 2 flights.  (This was a complicated trip!)  Finally, Audrey helped me out via phone on Sept 24 for the last segment of my travels.

I wish I hadn't had the difficulties I did getting TSA pre-check for boarding Southwest flights, but I very much appreciate the skill and good humor that all three of these Southwest employees demonstrated on my behalf.  Mahalo!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Kudos!

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

@campbeke wrote:

On a recent trip to Hawaii and back, I was not receiving TSA pre-check.  TSA was helpful when I called, but asked me to check first with Southwest.  (I see from other threads that Southwest software may be having distinct problems recognizing KTNs.) 

First, I got help from Alison during check-in at RDU early on Sept 12.  Not only did she check one bag from RDU through to Honolulu (my flights were RDU to Nashville, then Nashville to Honolulu), she invited a less-experienced agent to learn how to do that.  Then Alison tackled the KTN conundrum, and got my TSA pre-check activated through to Honolulu.  The problems were some combo of how my name is rendered in my TSA record and in my Southwest account, and a typo I introduced in my TKN when making the reservations.

Returning via Honolulu on 9/21, I got help from Shannon Correa to get pre-check on my next 2 flights.  (This was a complicated trip!)  Finally, Audrey helped me out via phone on Sept 24 for the last segment of my travels.

I wish I hadn't had the difficulties I did getting TSA pre-check for boarding Southwest flights, but I very much appreciate the skill and good humor that all three of these Southwest employees demonstrated on my behalf.  Mahalo!

Awesome to hear these fantastic stories! 👍👍

Would you do these fine Southwest persons a little favor. Since this forum is a Customer-to-Customer discussion board, would you forward your compliment in an email directly to Southwest Customer Service:

https://www.southwest.com/html/contact-us/

That way, the staff at both these airports can receive the praise and kudos due to them. Glad they were able to get your TSA KTN figured out. Also, since the TSA phone rep was helpful, I would give them a little shout-out compliment email too:

https://www.tsa.gov/contact-center/form/compliment

Re: Kudos!

campbeke
Explorer C

Thanks for the tips; done!