Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

MCO - Not Following Rules - AGAIN

floridaguy
Aviator C

After a couple of months of following the rules, all caution is in the wind now at MCO.  Here's what I am seeing:

• Oversized Baggage - no problem, come on up and stuff it in the overhead bin to the point that it breaks the frame.
  • Too Many Bags - no problem, we'll get you a forklift to assist you in carrying all FOUR OR FIVE pieces onboard.
  • Family Boarding - no problem, bring aunt, uncle, grandson, granddaughter, all of them high school kids who are traveling as a "family" and not a single person under the age of seven.
  • Saving Seats - no problem.  Set aside the first six rows and save them for other people.

Here's my plan point by point:

• Oversized Baggage - because the airport is a public place and you have no expectation of privacy, I will photo this abuse and request a partial refund of the price of the ticket for Southwest failing to enforce the rules and creating an inconvenience for everyone.  This may involve my credit card carrier.

• Too Many Bags - because the airport is a public place and you have no expectation of privacy, I will photo this abuse and request a partial refund of the price of the ticket for Southwest failing to enforce the rules and creating an inconvenience for everyone.  This may involve my credit card carrier.

• Family Boarding - because the airport is a public place and you have no expectation of privacy, I will photo this abuse and request a partial refund of the price of the ticket for Southwest failing to enforce the rules and creating an inconvenience for everyone.  This may involve my credit card carrier.

• Saving Seats - I will sit where I want and then press the call button.  I will then read the following script to the flight attendant:  "The individual in seat XXX attempted to prevent me from choosing an open seat and interfered with the boarding process as well as Southwest's policy of open seating.  I am requesting that law enforcement be brough on board to restore my rights, have the individual removed from the flight and thus prevent interference with other passengers."
2 REPLIES 2

Re: MCO - Not Following Rules - AGAIN

bec102896
Aviator A

You can request all you want then you will get rejected 

good luck with that lawsuit that I’m sure will follow 

honestly you will probably just end up on a no fly list because businesses can refuse service to whoever they want and if you continue to harass them they will get fed up (some places quicker than others) 

if you hate the airline so much why do you continue to fly them?? 

maybe go test out the other airlines with the new rules just announced today of cash refunds see if they actually do it you seem like the person who would great for seeing if they follow the new rules. 

I’m guessing this is one flight that the rules weren’t enforced to your liking but you will call out MCO as a whole (which is not fair)

maybe air travel isn’t for you and a car, bus, or train might be a better method since your always upset over everything 

just like your fed up with Southwest I’m sure some people and companies are fed up with you. Try to run a major company I’d love to see it 

make it a great day or not the choice is yours! 

Re: MCO - Not Following Rules - AGAIN

floridaguy
Aviator C

Pointing out issues that are detrimental to the airlines and also a blatant disregard for their own rules is no basis to be put on a no-fly list.  However, in my experiences, I have been thanked by Southwest for pointing out issues where they need to improve.

None of my plans would interfere with operations nor would they be a basis to be banned from Southwest.  

It is time to follow all of the rules.