Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: No More Open Seating?

dm354t
Explorer B

When I first heard the horrifying news that SW will get rid of open seating, I had a response similar to yours.  No more Southwest for me. And then I flew to Alaska on another carrier last week.  The boarding AND deplaning processes were nightmarish.  I flew six legs on Delta (another misery) and the one leg that I timed the deplaning clocked in at 20 minutes.

I am not happy.

This is just one more nail in the coffin of pleasant air experiences. 

thanks for posting.

Re: No More Open Seating?

Kilavi
Explorer C

I really do hope they will listen to those of us who fly a lot, and choose SW b/c of the open seating.  Their fares aren't really lower anymore, so besides the awesome employees, there won't be much reason to pick SW over another "normal" airline, especially those who only fly with carry ons.  It will not be the revenue boost they are hoping for.
And once they change a flight a few times and jumble everyone up like AA does when I book my family together and we still end up all over the plane...everyone will be complaining about assigned seats too.  Pretty much all of us prefer getting to have a bit of control over who we sit next to.