Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Pre-Boarding Rules NOT enforced

floridaguy
Aviator C

Your accounting of preboards is not reliable data.  Only Southwest can give an accounting, by gate, by day of week, by hour of day, etc. for that kind of reporting.

Instead of logging information on less than 1/10ths of one percent of the flights in any given day, simply ask Southwest for the data.

Your method, while of interest to you, is like me looking out my office window and giving weather reports for the entire state of Florida.

Preboard!

Scott68111
Explorer B

I am a customer of size, I book and pay for my extra seat when I make a reservation so I do not displace anyone already on the flight by doing it at the airport. I request my refund after travel is complete. I’m also A List Preferred and try to not use the preboard that comes with the extra seat. However at most airports when I don’t preboard, they page me out of line to preboard. Other than being a big guy, I’m not disabled but SWA customer of size policy says I preboard. 

ffflyer
Frequent Flyer B

How about a rule that says, if you need extra time to get on the plane then you need extra time to get off the plane? Flag preborders and have them remain seated on landing until everyone else has disembarked.

Scott68111
Explorer B

No issues with that. Just make it so I don’t get called to the front of the class when I don’t preboard due to being big. I even told them I was boarding in A4, they still had me preboard. Even if I don’t preboard, I can’t sit in an exit row seat so that’s not a big deal to me. I just continue to take my normal 5D seat and enjoy my empty middle seat. My parents are both disabled travelers and always preboard from wheel chairs. And always wait until others get off. It’s just easier for everyone. But if you are only using the preboard to get your lucky seat and not really in need, sit and wait for everyone to get off the plane!! 

floridaguy
Aviator C

You cannot, under the law, require a preboard passenger to be delayed at exiting the plane.  In fact, it would be more logical for them to exit the plane before anyone else.

Keeping a passenger on the plane against their will would result in a lawsuit for illegal detention and arrest.