Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Recent Tia and vertigo

skosco
Explorer C

I recently had a Tia and am having continuing problems with dizziness and vertigo. Do I qualify to preboard.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Recent Tia and vertigo

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@skosco wrote:

I recently had a Tia and am having continuing problems with dizziness and vertigo. Do I qualify to preboard.

Hola!

I'm not an MD but from my limited knowledge of this symptom of being dizzy, vertigo could either be seen as an annoyance or cause for disability depending on the severity of the symptoms or actual cause in conjunction with the treatment response. Your doctor would need to make that determination.

Preboarding is available prior to general boarding for travelers with disabilities who need a specific seat to accommodate a disability, need assistance boarding the aircraft, or need to stow an assistive device.

Source Ref:
https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/article/preboarding

You may have a good cause for qualification depending on the severity of your dizzy symptoms and your treatments and whether it would impact your ability to board during general boarding, but it will be up to the Customer Service Agent at either the Check-In or Gate counter to make that decision. Best wishes for good health.

Re: Recent Tia and vertigo

dfwskier
Aviator A

To clarify, you the passenger make the decision about whether or not you need to pre board.

No airline employee may refuse your request.

So if you tell the gate agent you need to pre board, you will be allowed to pre board.