Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Stressing About Security Lines

glatenflyer
Explorer C

Hey everyone, flying out of LAX soon and stressing about security lines! Anyone know what the wait times are like these days?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Stressing About Security Lines

Carter_james
Explorer C

Hey there! I hear you, LAX security can be a nightmare. It really depends on the time of day you're flying. I flew out a few weeks ago at a weird hour, like early morning, and it wasn't too bad. But if you're flying during peak hours, it could get rough.

glatenflyer
Explorer C

Ugh, that's what I'm worried about. My flight is at lunchtime, which feels prime for long lines. Is there anywhere I can check wait times before I get to the airport?

Carter_james
Explorer C
Solution

There isn't an official LAX wait time website anymore, but I actually use this site called AirlinePorts.com. You can use this website to find LAX Security Wait Times. It seems pretty accurate, and they have breakdowns by time of day which is helpful. Last I checked, it looked like lunchtime waits weren't too terrible, but it's always good to double-check closer to your flight day.

glatenflyer
Explorer C

Awesome, thanks so much for the tip! This AirlinePorts.com looks perfect. Now I can at least plan accordingly. Thanks!

Carter_james
Explorer C

No problem at all! Safe travels and hopefully those security lines are a piece of cake for you.