Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Veer Wagon

KrisV20
Explorer C

IMG_5131.jpeg

I know there are several discussions about collapsible wagons and that they are acceptable to gate check. I have this particular collapsible Veer wagon and it is pretty bulky when it is folded, maybe a little bigger than a large stroller when it is folded. Is this acceptable for gate check? I just want to be sure, as I will be traveling with 3 kids under 5 and this is the easiest mode of transportation for us. Appreciate any help! Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Veer Wagon

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@KrisV20 wrote:

I know there are several discussions about collapsible wagons and that they are acceptable to gate check. I have this particular collapsible Veer wagon and it is pretty bulky when it is folded, maybe a little bigger than a large stroller when it is folded. Is this acceptable for gate check? I just want to be sure, as I will be traveling with 3 kids under 5 and this is the easiest mode of transportation for us. Appreciate any help! Thanks!

Hola!

I'm aware that foldable wagons like the one you're describing are treated like a stroller and I don't see any issue of checking it at the gate. I would strongly suggest bringing a protective cover. SW sells blue covers:

https://www.swathestore.com/swathestore/Southwest-Stroller-Bag/p-SWA0456

Just be sure the specified dimensions of the bag fits the device before purchasing. 

When going through the TSA checkpoint, the folded wagon would go through the X-ray machine with your luggage and belongings if it fits; otherwise, the TSA agent would do a visual/physical inspection of it.

Hope this helps!

Re: Veer Wagon

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@SoCalFlyer97 wrote:

@KrisV20 wrote:

Hola!

I'm aware that foldable wagons like the one you're describing are treated like a stroller and I don't see any issue of checking it at the gate. I would strongly suggest bringing a protective cover. SW sells blue covers:

https://www.swathestore.com/swathestore/Southwest-Stroller-Bag/p-SWA0456

Just be sure the specified dimensions of the bag fits the device before purchasing. 

When going through the TSA checkpoint, the folded wagon would go through the X-ray machine with your luggage and belongings if it fits; otherwise, the TSA agent would do a visual/physical inspection of it.

Hope this helps!

Concur, throw it in a blue bag - if it fits, it flies!

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.