Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A birthday shoutout to passenger

cjcsabennett
Explorer C

My sis and I will flying to Vegas on June 17 to celebrate our 50th birthday. Birthday is actually on the 20th. Who do I speak to about her being given a special birthday shoutout as a surprise. I live to embarrass her, so I thought out would do the trick.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: A birthday shoutout to passenger

dfwskier
Aviator A

You would talk with the flight attendant at the front of the plane - which might not be pratical if you and sis board together.

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@cjcsabennett wrote:

My sis and I will flying to Vegas on June 17 to celebrate our 50th birthday. Birthday is actually on the 20th. Who do I speak to about her being given a special birthday shoutout as a surprise. I live to embarrass her, so I thought out would do the trick.

Hola!

Southwest may be able to do this for you but to be clear, no guarantee. I would recommend first reaching out to Southwest via Twitter/X or Facebook in a DM and request that they put the birthday shoutout request note on your reservation so that the Ops crew has note of your request.

Also, I would do a follow up on travel day... If possible, once you arrive at your gate to wait, I would find a seat a distance away from the Gate Agent desk (the smaller desk closest to the gate door where the Ops agent operates the boarding process). Once settled and you see the gate agent watching the gate, go up to that desk (let the sister know that you need to 'check something with the flight' or something similar and have her watch the luggage...) and quietly follow up on the request to them; they should be able to communicate this to the Flight Attendants at this point. Likely the FA's will also have direct access to your request too.

Again, no guarantee that they'll be able to do this for you (e.g. if the Ops crew is hurried due to a delay or other need, they'll need to maintain their focus) but hopefully, they'll be able to accommodate your request and sing to her aboard your flight!

Best and happy birthday wishes to her.

YeahNoMaybe
Frequent Flyer C

I have always been curious about this...

Why do people do this on an airplanes?