Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Complaint Regarding Unacceptable Experience

Daniahd
Explorer C

Here's a revised version of your email:

Dear SouthWest Airlines,

I am writing to express my deep dissatisfaction with my recent experience on SouthWest flight #1131 from NYC to Atlanta.booking Ref# N89DDW  My name is Dania Hamouda, and I encountered an extremely troubling situation at the gate.

When I kindly approached the gate clerk to request seating next to my husband due to my medical condition (Trigeminal Neuralgia), which requires me to take medication, I was met with rudeness and hostility. The clerk asked where my husband was, took our carry-on, and insisted on checking it in, stating that I was not allowed to bring it on the plane. He also mentioned that all Group C passengers would have to check their carry-ons. However, I noticed that others in Group C were allowed to board with their luggage, while I was singled out.

Additionally, my request to sit next to my husband was completely ignored. When I expressed my concern, the clerk responded with, "If you don’t like it, I will prevent you from boarding this flight and you can catch the next one!"

I have traveled extensively throughout my life and have never been treated so poorly. This experience was not only upsetting but also incredibly distressing, especially considering my medical condition. I would appreciate it if you could look into this matter and take appropriate action.

Thank you for your attention to this serious issue.

Sincerely,
Dania Hamouda

---

Let me know if you'd like any further adjustments.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Complaint Regarding Unacceptable Experience

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

Hello Dania-

Greetings from your fellow passenger. Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at the gate. As this forum is customer-to-customer, would your relay your complaint in an email directly to SW Customer Relations if you haven't done so yet:

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/email-us

That would help ensure that this gets properly reviewed. Also, SW Community forum postings are publicly accessible. Are you able to edit your post and remove your flight's confirmation number? If you can't, our staff moderator @CarlyeThornton  should be able to assist.

Also, based on your message, did you speak directly with the agent watching the gate podium? If so, the next time you fly, I would speak to a Customer Service Agent either at the Check-in counter or at any staffed SW Customer Service desk (different from the gate podium). They may be able to better assist you with Preboarding (Board First) or Extra-Time-to-Board assistance (Board in between A & B groups) based on this medical need which should help assure you're sitting together and have access to your carry-on bags.