Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Complaint regarding inflight customer service

JoAnnF
Explorer C

Re: customer service on flight 2504 Long Beach CA to Las Vegas Nv leaving Long Beach 7:45 pacific standard time. The male flight attendant was quite rude to me just before takeoff on the flight to Las Vegas. There were plenty of empty seats and a very tall big man arrive five minutes before take off and asked where to sit and the female attendant pointed to the middle seat next to me. I began to say “I don’t think you want to sit next to me…” I was going explain I might be coming with something (a cold) but I didn’t get a chance because the man found another seat since there were plenty. The female attendant seemed annoyed that the man didn’t sit in the seat she pointed to and called the male flight attendant over who must be in charge and he had the nerve to tell me I can’t just keep another seat next to me and if I did I would be charged for another seat! I tried to explain but he just rudely stomped away. It was loud and embarrassing interaction and must be reported.

No one ever before with Southwest has ever talked to me with such nastiness and a threatening manner. It was as if he was trying to provoke me.

I request a LUV voucher or some sort of reimbursement for this rude experience.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Complaint regarding inflight customer service

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@JoAnnF wrote:

Re: customer service on flight 2504 Long Beach CA to Las Vegas Nv leaving Long Beach 7:45 pacific standard time. The male flight attendant was quite rude to me just before takeoff on the flight to Las Vegas. There were plenty of empty seats and a very tall big man arrive five minutes before take off and asked where to sit and the female attendant pointed to the middle seat next to me. I began to say “I don’t think you want to sit next to me…” I was going explain I might be coming with something (a cold) but I didn’t get a chance because the man found another seat since there were plenty. The female attendant seemed annoyed that the man didn’t sit in the seat she pointed to and called the male flight attendant over who must be in charge and he had the nerve to tell me I can’t just keep another seat next to me and if I did I would be charged for another seat! I tried to explain but he just rudely stomped away. It was loud and embarrassing interaction and must be reported.

No one ever before with Southwest has ever talked to me with such nastiness and a threatening manner. It was as if he was trying to provoke me.

Hello-

Sorry to hear you had this experience. Since this message board is customer-to-customer and your request will most likely not be processed here, would you forward your letter directly to Southwest Customer Service:

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/email-us

Hope this helps!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@JoAnnF wrote:

They are trying to get the plane moving so the FA was just trying to keep things moving.

I don't think it's valid at that point to suggest "maybe sit somewhere else" of the whole plane would be people suggesting all kinds of reasons why someone should find another middle seat besides theirs. 

If you felt sick enough not to sit by someone then you shouldn't be flying, or could wear a mask, etc.

That said they don't really have the ability to charge you for an extra seat, so my best suggestion is just to move on from this.

But use the Contact Southwest Customer Service information provided by the other poster if you still want to follow up on this exchange.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

YeahNoMaybe
Adventurer A

Just a quick question because I am curious....

How many (if any) other passengers had you already dissuaded from sitting next to you by that point and had such action been witnessed by the flight attendants?

LeoraWisoky
Explorer C

Replying for the update.