Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Fantasic PIlot and Staff Member - DIA May 5, 2024 Gate C20

lsimkins
Explorer C

I want to call out the incredible service of a pilot of flight WN 626 and gate worker on May 5, 2024. Unfortunately, I do not know their names.

WN 626 was our connecting flight. We were delayed over an hour in Portland, OR after someone in ground support strayed too close to the aircraft APU and lost their sweatshirt when it was pulled into the intake. We waited while they fished it out and verified the aircraft was safe for travel.

That experience could have soured our impression of the Southwest's service, especially after rushing to our connecting gate (gate C20 at DIA), and found the door was already shut. As we walked up, the woman working the gate (1:30 PM MDT on May 5, 2024) was in the midst of getting verbally abused by a rude passenger. Even after he stomped off, she turned to us and was EXTREMELY POLITE, seconds after being cursed at by someone else.

Even as she was helping us, we were informed that the captain of WN 626 told them to go ahead and let us on the flight, and to put the delay on him.

Thanks to both the captain and the gate worker, we made our connection and back home. The experience could've soured us on Southwest service, but instead we're even more loyal to Southwest than before.

Please, please, please commend the pilot of WN 626 and the gate worker at C20 in DIA (May 5, 2024 at 1:40PM Mountain Time). Both of them put themselves second to ensuring we made our connection, and we are very grateful to them. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Fantasic PIlot and Staff Member - DIA May 5, 2024 Gate C20

lsimkins
Explorer C

I'm sorry, I added down the wrong gate. I believe the gate was C60 (not C20).

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Since this is a customer forum you are not talking with the airline here.

you could relay your praise to SW by clicking on “contact us”  (below); pick compliment and proceed.

i was glad to hear that things worked out so well for you.

lsimkins
Explorer C

Thank you. I'll send the compliment to their support email.