Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight 1016 baggage waiting almost 2 hours!!!

TB2
Explorer C

Been waiting for almost 2 hours for my bags at Dallas love field. (SW flight 1016) South west employees have been very rude on the flight and at baggage Carousel. Have had 17 flights get their bags since I have been sitting here. Will definitely not use south west again.

make it right Southwest, and get it together 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Flight 1016 baggage waiting almost 2 hours!!!

TB2
Explorer C

TB2
Explorer C

X

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@TB2 wrote:

Been waiting for almost 2 hours for my bags at Dallas love field. (SW flight 1016) South west employees have been very rude on the flight and at baggage Carousel. Have had 17 flights get their bags since I have been sitting here. Will definitely not use south west again.

make it right Southwest, and get it together 

Hello!

Sorry to hear...Please note that this message board is a customer-to-customer board. Southwest Customer Service and Operations will likely not be able to respond or process your request directly via this forum.

Just so we can point you in the right direction, were only your bags missing when you arrived at DAL or was it for the whole flight?  Also, how long before your departure time did your check your bags, and did you make any Same Day Standby List changes to your booking after checking the bag? 

bec102896
Aviator A

@TB2 

You realize there were storms last night in DAL??

You’re lucky your flight wasn’t diverted. 

after storms pass yes a backup up of bags will occur. They shouldn’t have to risk their lives with lighting because you want your bag right when you want it.

You could always go back and get your bag the next day if it’s taking too long 

TB2
Explorer C

Hello Aviator A. 

Thank you for your reply I understand the weather and safety. But not the rudeness from the flight and ground crew. And no communication to to the 200 on the flight about our bags as we all waited as other flights were receiving their bags. Each time someone asked the desk person we were Tod “sorry, we don’t know”. O and why were all the bags on flight 1016 held up for 2 hours while (as previously mentioned) 17 other flights including SW flights who arrived after us were able to receive their bags as soon as they landed?

and thank you for the reminder we could have easily just left the items behind and just returned another day to pick them up. I love that idea, maybe if I didn’t live 3 hours from the airport that would have been a option.

thank you again for your response, but none of it made sense more was correct, and appears to be from someone either working for SW or the Airport.

Good Day Sr.🫡

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

I don’t work for the airline or the airport I just know how air travel works and weather will mess up airlines when weather occurs.

go to ATL or even DFW during a storm like DAL had last night you would see the same problem with American, Delta, United, or any other airline. There are only so many baggage people and so many carousels an airline can use. 

ground crew and the BSO employees are different you most likely won’t deal with the ground crew. 

they can ship your bag to you if you live so far away. 

how do you know the other 17 flights arrived after you? Maybe they were all diversions that would have arrived before you so they were on the priority list for get them their bags. Another thought maybe they had few bags while your flight had more bags so you’re could take longer to get off the plane 

either way you can send a message to Southwest though the contact us link at the bottom of this page and maybe they can issue a voucher or something for your inconvenience or at least document the issue