Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Free TV Series to Watch on your SWA Flight

sondvm
Explorer C

I flew from Phoenix to Austin early this morning on a non-stop flight.  We were delayed a bit at the gate before departure but since it was nice and cool on the plane and I had wifi, it wasn't really a problem.  I was also flying free with a companion pass so - another reason not to complain!

I happened to watch the SWA shows that are offered on the free TV series page.  I thought they would just be mini documentaries about the ins and outs of running an airline and flying planes.  The shows are incredible!  I picked the one called SWA Community (I think).  When one show was over, it automatically went to the next and the next, for at least an hour.  Each one showcases different ways SWA supports the community in amazing ways. 

One of my favorite shows highlighted the Rethreaded Project.  This is a project that provides meaningful work and training opportunities for survivors of human trafficking.  SWA replaces the leather on their plane seats every 4 years.  The old leather is donated to different programs, one of which is Rethreaded.  The leather is fashioned into all sorts of items and then sold on the Rethreaded website.  As soon as I got home, I had to look at the website and, of course, purchase several beautiful items.

Like I said, the shows went on for almost an hour.  Each was inspirational and heart-warming in unique ways.  Next time you fly SWA, I urge you to watch some of the SWA shows on the free TV series page.  A huge thanks to SWA for all that you do for your community and world.

Sincerely,

sondvm

1 REPLY 1

Re: Free TV Series to Watch on your SWA Flight

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@sondvm wrote:

I flew from Phoenix to Austin early this morning on a non-stop flight.  We were delayed a bit at the gate before departure but since it was nice and cool on the plane and I had wifi, it wasn't really a problem.  I was also flying free with a companion pass so - another reason not to complain!

I happened to watch the SWA shows that are offered on the free TV series page.  I thought they would just be mini documentaries about the ins and outs of running an airline and flying planes.  The shows are incredible!  I picked the one called SWA Community (I think).  When one show was over, it automatically went to the next and the next, for at least an hour.  Each one showcases different ways SWA supports the community in amazing ways. 

One of my favorite shows highlighted the Rethreaded Project.  This is a project that provides meaningful work and training opportunities for survivors of human trafficking.  SWA replaces the leather on their plane seats every 4 years.  The old leather is donated to different programs, one of which is Rethreaded.  The leather is fashioned into all sorts of items and then sold on the Rethreaded website.  As soon as I got home, I had to look at the website and, of course, purchase several beautiful items.

Like I said, the shows went on for almost an hour.  Each was inspirational and heart-warming in unique ways.  Next time you fly SWA, I urge you to watch some of the SWA shows on the free TV series page.  A huge thanks to SWA for all that you do for your community and world.

Sincerely,

sondvm

Great to hear you made the best from the hold up at the gate and great tip!

Would you do a kind favor for the team that developed and put together the Entertainment Portal. Would you forward your compliment directly to Southwest:

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/email-us

Click on "Comments", "Inflight Experience", "Inflight Entertainment and Services"

That will help ensure the project leaders and their teams get their due praise. Glad you enjoyed the free programming; there's lots to choose from 😊