Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hot

jeronamoe31
Explorer C

It’s so ridiculously hot on this flight. Miserable! My kids were crying because it was so uncomfortable. Horrible experience 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hot

floridaguy
Aviator C

Use the "contact us" link at the bottom and report your issue to Southwest directly.  

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

@jeronamoe31 wrote:

It’s so ridiculously hot on this flight. Miserable! My kids were crying because it was so uncomfortable. Horrible experience 

Hello-

I flew a number of times on Southwest this summer including a flight from SMF during the SoCal heat wave. It did get warm on the tarmac since a number of the window shades on the sunny-side of the plane were left up during the crew change/boarding. However, the A/C usually kicked in at full throttle as soon as the engines turned on, plane pushed back from the gate, and were on our way...

However, it sounds like the A/C on your flight was not operating as it should be or set at a high temperature. As @floridaguy pointed, this forum is Customer-to-Customer. I would report this incident to Southwest Customer Service so they can properly respond:

https://www.southwest.com/html/contact-us/

In your inquiry, I would include your flight details so that the airline can investigate the cause of the flight not being comfortable for you en-route. Also include in the description whether you inquired with the Flight Attendants on this and what their responses were. Also indicate whether you had your air vents above your seat opened (I assume they were). If it turns out the A/C on the plane was in fact not operating as it should be or was set at an abnormally high temperature, you may be due a LUV Voucher.

Hope this helps!

TrishGilbert
Explorer C

I can feel you 😞