Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How do I get the SW app to retain my credit card information for internet purchase.

haycede
Explorer C

I can purchase tickets and the number populates, but have to manually enter my SW Biz card number each time I purchase internet 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How do I get the SW app to retain my credit card information for internet purchase.

aMomTo6
Adventurer B

I haven't found a way to do it.  Hoping someone might chime in about that because that bugs me, too.

When I was A List Preferred I did really enjoy the small perk of of free wifi, saving me from having to go through the tedious process of entering cc info - when wifi was actually working though LOL.

Back to regular A List now and to make things easier, I keep the number in a note area on my phone and laptop so I just cut and paste it. I know the expiration and CVV code so those are easy to input without pulling out my cc.

Sorry that I don't have an answer.

Re: How do I get the SW app to retain my credit card information for internet purchase.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

You could store it in LastPass or 1Password or other third-party software.

Southwest doesn't have a place to save it for wi-fi purposes.

Same boat (plane?) here - one of the great enjoyments of ALP last year was not typing in my credit card, but back to A-list this year.

I wish they would offer at least a "five pack" or something so you could purchase a block of wi-fi access offline and not have to get your card out when onboard.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

John_Ocampos
Explorer C

Hi everyone! I've been following this discussion about saving credit card information on the Southwest app for Wi-Fi purchases. It seems like a common issue. While Southwest doesn't currently offer this feature, using a password manager like LastPass or 1Password, as suggested, is a good workaround. These tools securely store credit card info and autofill it when needed. I also agree that it would be convenient if Southwest could allow the purchase of Wi-Fi in advance or in blocks. This would reduce the hassle of transactions mid-flight. Looking forward to seeing if Southwest will address this in future updates.