Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

In search of in flight WiFi receipts....

elizbeeds
Explorer C

Good Morning,
In search off...WiFi Receipts, flew to Panama City, paid $8 for in flight WiFi, enter all my information including an email for payment receipt. Corp Card charged for work expense but no receipt was sent for payment and reconciling work expenses. This is becoming a very regular trend for in flight WiFi, easy to take the charge off my card but can't send an email receipt? Seems easy to provide a receipt for drink expenses and in flight movies but nothing for the WiFi Charge? Maddening and an issue with my work/compliance policy when asked to reconcile my travel expenses.

Just attempted to call SOUTHWEST Customer Relations and was given a 50 minute wait time to speak to some one after calling Customer Service and being told they could not help me...call customer relations???

Come on Southwest, you are a model for travel efficiency...continue the practice in your billing/receipt services division especially in this day and age with rapid purchases happening in flight constantly---Amazon sent me my receipt when I purchased my daughters birthday gift while on this flight... using your WiFi to facilitate the purchase and  answering/responding to all my work emails...but I cannot get the receipt for paying for the WiFi that allows me these mentioned conveniences?

Help is appreciate to resolve this matter from a frustrated but loyal Southwest RR member
elizbeeds- loyal SWA fan 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: In search of in flight WiFi receipts....

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @elizbeeds,

Our Customer Relations Department can assist you in getting a receipt for your WiFi, and the quickest way to get in touch with a Representative is through Twitter (@Southwestair). You can also reach us on Facebook by sending a private message. 

We want you to enjoy every part of your Southwest Airlines experience, and we'll be glad to help get you the appropriate documentation for your WiFi purchases. 

ewahlig
Explorer C

I agree with the original poster.   Your system has our RR number from when I purchased the wifi onboard.  It can automatically send the receipt to my email, and not make me go out of my way to request it. Every order I make online emails me receipts.   

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

One of my strategies for this @elizbeeds is to take a screen shot of the confirmation screen in case no receipt shows up. It's easier on iPhone or iPad, but for a computer screen some can take a capture or else take a photo with your phone...better to have a backup in place if no email arrives.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

egritter
Explorer C

I agree. It is very confusing why a receipt doesn't get emailed, especially when we provided email and RR# during purchase of wifi. The receipt even says, "Your receipt has been sent."  It has to be an easy fix on SWA end. For those of us that fly frequently, calling customer relations everytime we need a receipt is just not realistic. Please help all of us make our expense process easier.

IMG_1363.PNG

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Since the time of this thread there is now this tool:

https://southwest.ereceiptuat.guestlogix.com/

I'm not sure if it works for wifi, or just drinks. Maybe you can try it and see.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Yessam
Explorer B

Nope the new tool is not working.

Entered last name,

CC last 4 digits,

departure city, 
date range,

antirobot check.

Big nothin.