Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Praise for Dahlia

Jduda1234
Explorer C

Yesterday I flew Dallas to Providence on flight #2553. We had a layover in Baltimore but there was not enough time to de-board and get something to eat. Our crew was terminating and a new crew coming on. The A attendant on the first leg, Dahlia (118691) knew I was hungry and took the time to go to Potbelly and return the plane to give me a sandwich. To be clear, she was now off work and done for the day and could have left the airport but she took the time to buy me dinner using her own $$. That’s above and beyond!  All of our crew including Sue B. and Elizabeth C. were excellent but special kudos to Dahlia for making sure I didn’t arrive in Providence with an empty stomach!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Praise for Dahlia

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@Jduda1234 wrote:

Yesterday I flew Dallas to Providence on flight #2553. We had a layover in Baltimore but there was not enough time to de-board and get something to eat. Our crew was terminating and a new crew coming on. The A attendant on the first leg, Dahlia  knew I was hungry and took the time to go to Potbelly and return the plane to give me a sandwich. To be clear, she was now off work and done for the day and could have left the airport but she took the time to buy me dinner using her own $$. That’s above and beyond!  All of our crew including Sue B. and Elizabeth C. were excellent but special kudos to Dahlia for making sure I didn’t arrive in Providence with an empty stomach!

Wow! Spectacular story 😊.

With all the comments and questions all over this board regarding the Assigned Seating news from yesterday, great to see positive stories like this. This gives me hope that SW will still stand apart from the other carriers with its great staff as it rolls out its boarding process and seating policy changes.

As this forum consists of your fellow travelers and may not reach Dahlia's supervisor, would you do a kind return favor and forward your praise in an email directly to SW or on one SW's social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter/X:

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/email-us

That will help ensure that your praise reaches the right staff personnel. 

Thanks for sharing!