Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Texting doesn’t work

Kevin1975
Explorer C

I have the iPhone 12, texting has always worked, however now when I click on texting it doesn’t say connected, it just sends me back to the same screen I was on.  I have messaging on, and I’ve never had an issue before.   HELP!!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Texting doesn’t work

bec102896
Aviator A

Does the TV/Movies/Wi-Fi work? If not the Wi-Fi could be down making the texting down as well 

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@Kevin1975 wrote:

I have the iPhone 12, texting has always worked, however now when I click on texting it doesn’t say connected, it just sends me back to the same screen I was on.  I have messaging on, and I’ve never had an issue before.   HELP!!

Hi! Do you recall what aircraft your flight was on? I've read on this board that some customers have had some repeat Wi-Fi connectivity troubles on the older 737-700 fleets and I assume this impacts texting too. Southwest is aware of this.

Kevin1975
Explorer C

I work for the airline, it’s all airplanes at all times.  Co worker next to me signed in and got the connected screen, I get sent back to the “I agree” screen every time.  
WiFi works, texting works, I messaging works -except on the planes WiFi.  

Kevin1975
Explorer C
Solution

I fixed it!   You have to go to settings, Safari, clear history and website data.