Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Traveling with suit

theflyboy67
Explorer C

My family is traveling to CHS tomorrow.  I will be traveling with my suit (Santa) so we can take pictures on the beach.  Due to the high volume expected tomorrow I'd rather not check my suit if possible.  We're in the A list for boarding.  is it possible to hang it on the aircraft?  If so, how do I go about getting that permission?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Traveling with suit

ww1120
Explorer C
Solution

They don't have any closets on SW metal. The best I've been able to do when traveling with a suit I haven't wanted to wear is to have a carabiner in your carry-on and hang it on the hook that secures your seat-back tray. The suit would need to have a little loop at the top to hang it with. I guess you'd be okay with even a metal hanger in your carry-on to hang it on if it gets through security.

theflyboy67
Explorer C

Sounds like a good work around!  Thanks for the advice!

floridaguy
Aviator C

I am totally against dragging items on the plane that could be checked.  All we are doing is adding to the cost of air travel because it takes longer and longer to board the plane and get underway.

The fight for overhead bin space has hit epic levels.  If you carry a laptop or small carry on then that's fine.  Luggage and oversized items are ruining everyone's air travel experience.

I've been watching Southwest gate agents call out the oversized and over count items recently.  I am glad and yes, it is about time!

It is always something.  Yesterday it was a mountain bike, today it is a Santa suit, tomorrow a riding lawn mower and the day after, your daddy's toolbox.