Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

WIFI Problems on Galaxy S24

coasterad
Explorer C

Hello Everyone, 

I was on a couple trips this past week and have had problems connecting to the inflight entertainment. 

I have a Galaxy S24 and when I click the SouthwestWifi it sends me to the "get connected" page where, instead of saying, "access portal" it says, "copy portal link". However, when I do so, nothing comes up in my browser.

Secondly, when I try to "use network as is" it says that it has connected to the wifi but nothing will load.

Also, it seems that I am able to watch live TV but movies will not connect no matter how much I try. 

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: WIFI Problems on Galaxy S24

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@coasterad wrote:

Hello Everyone, 

I was on a couple trips this past week and have had problems connecting to the inflight entertainment. 

I have a Galaxy S24 and when I click the SouthwestWifi it sends me to the "get connected" page where, instead of saying, "access portal" it says, "copy portal link". However, when I do so, nothing comes up in my browser.

Secondly, when I try to "use network as is" it says that it has connected to the wifi but nothing will load.

Also, it seems that I am able to watch live TV but movies will not connect no matter how much I try. 

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hello!

Re: Initial Connection...Did you place your phone into airplane mode before attempting to access the portal? When I first used the portal, I initially had trouble accessing the in-flight portal upon boarding flights on a Samsung Galaxy S20 but later found that the phone needed to first be in airplane mode before accessing it. Attempting to access the portal link https://getconnected.southwestwifi.com without first going into airplane mode redirected me to the info page:

https://www.southwest.com/inflight-entertainment-portal/

Haven't tried the "Use Network as is " option but for my device, if a Wi-Fi network has no internet connection, it will automatically use the cellular data network to connect, thus the portal "sees" that I'm connecting via my cell network and bounces me out if I don't go into airplane mode first.

Re: Being able to watch Live TV but no movies: The designated supported browser for this feature is Chrome and not the stock Samsung Internet browser. If you're already using Chrome, make sure that it is up-to-date, you're not in incognito mode, and no network VPN's are in use in the background. See the Technical Help tab in the link above.

Re: WIFI Problems on Galaxy S24

bec102896
Aviator A

So I’ve noticed some issues connecting on iPhone and the work around I have found to work is agree to the texting terms (for inflight texting) then go back to the WiFi page and see if it loads in my experience after I go to the texting it loads but that’s on iPhone. It was fixed for a while but my last 6 flights have had this issue