Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

100% helpful (5/5)

Uplift: Buy Now, Pay Later Payment Solution

Southwest recently launched its partnership with Uplift, a Buy Now, Pay Later (BNPL) payment solution, on Southwest.com. Customers can now book their Southwest flights to more than 100 U.S. and international destinations while using Uplift’s flexible payment options to pay over time for their travel.

Uplift flexible payment options are available now on Southwest.com—head on over to view more information on Uplift as well as to see Southwest’s latest deals.

Don’t forget to read our latest blog: Buy Now, Pay Later—Southwest Announces Partnership with Uplift

What is Uplift?

Uplift is a Buy Now, Pay Later solution that gives Customers access to flexible monthly payment plans. By paying with Uplift, Customers have the ability to book the Southwest flight they want now and pay for it over time. With affordable monthly payment options, Customers can more easily budget for trips, allowing them to enjoy one of our more than 100 U.S. and international destinations around the world.

How does buy now, pay later work?

Buy Now, Pay Later is a flexible payment option that allows consumers to purchase flights now and pay for them later by spreading the cost of the purchase over fixed installments. Payment installment plans options include six and eleven month terms. With Uplift specifically, there are no late fees and no pre-payment penalties and you can even travel before you finish making all of your payments.

Can I use Uplift on my IOS or android app?

At this time, this new feature is only available for Air + Air  Ancillary purchases on desktop Southwest.com.

How do I apply for installment plans?

Customers can shop for their flights directly on Southwest.com. When you are ready to book, simply select Uplift as your payment method at checkout. Customers will need to provide some basic information such as your mobile number and the last four digits of their social security number to apply. To use Uplift as a form of payment, Customers must fill out an Uplift loan application via the purchase page on Southwest.com and be approved. Once completed, Customers will then receive an instant decision and finish checking out as usual.

Do I need to finish paying before my trip?

Customers can travel before they are finished making payments, but must purchase ticket 24 hours before your trip departure.

What are the eligible transaction sizes I can use Uplift for?

Customers can use Uplift on eligible transaction sizes from $100 through $15,000.

What is the Uplift Loan Application?

To use Uplift as a form of payment, Customers must fill out an Uplift loan application via the purchase page on Southwest.com and be approved.

What are the qualifications to apply?

The  applicant must be traveling on the itinerary purchased, is 18 years or older, a U.S. resident with a valid Social Security number, possesses an accepted form of payment to make the initial loan payment (valid debit card), possesses a U.S. mobile phone number and smartphone, and meets Southwest’s eligibility requirements and Uplift lending qualifications.

Categories