Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

$75 SW Chase annual credit for Rental Car

thevig1983
Explorer C

Hello,

Can the $75 annual credit through the Chase Southwest credit card be used towards a rental car booked through Rapid Rewards? Or is it just for flights?

1 REPLY 1

Re: $75 SW Chase annual credit for Rental Car

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

@thevig1983 wrote:

Hello,

Can the $75 annual credit through the Chase Southwest credit card be used towards a rental car booked through Rapid Rewards? Or is it just for flights?

I haven't needed to book a car rental through Southwest as my philosophy is to handle any needed car rentals off the airport to save some money (some cases nearly 40%) but I have used Southwest Hotels and therefore assume the answer is 'No' because just like Southwest Hotels, the payment is for a car rental, not a flight. Here are the rules for the travel credit:

$75 Southwest® Annual Travel Credit: A statement credit will automatically be applied to your account when your Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Priority Card is used for Southwest Airlines® purchases (excluding Upgraded Boardings and inflight purchases), up to an anniversary year maximum accumulation of $75. Anniversary year means the year beginning with your account open date through the first statement date after your account open date anniversary, and the 12 monthly billing cycles after that each year.