Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Applied for Southwest Card with husband's RR number to combine points but it went to my number!

zookpr3
Explorer C

To combine points, I applied to my Southwest Chase cards using my husband's RR number to combine points.  I am logging in and I see that they did not use the RR account that I put on the application!

Now I have to call Chase and go through "the script" to find out if, in fact, they show the correct RR number on the application and "Then why did you not use the number I put on the application?"

What is the fix here and no, I do not want to pay more than $500 plus to transfer these points!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Applied for Southwest Card with husband's RR number to combine points but it went to my number!

bec102896
Aviator A

You can use your points to buy tickets for anyone 

if you apply for the card you get the points not someone else 

Re: Applied for Southwest Card with husband's RR number to combine points but it went to my number!

05bardic
Frequent Flyer B

You're saying that you applied for the credit card under your name, but intentionally used your husband's RR# instead of your own on the application?  If so, there's nothing to fix because you can't do that. The points are awarded to the applicant.