Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Chase bank supports scammers

howejosh
Explorer C

Southwest should reconsider its relationship with Chase bank! Having just been scammed and realizing how crappy Chase customer service is and all the bad reviews of Chase bank on the internet is quite disturbing! I just want people to know Chase will choose a scammer over a 15 year customer! My wife and i used to make everyday purchases with chase just for the points, having the companion pass two times already we really liked the perks. Not anymore! Chase bank just ruined that! So I hope Southwest Airlines does a little research and dumps Chase like Chase does their customers!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Chase bank supports scammers

bec102896
Aviator A

Scams happen everywhere they have to research such allegations because believe it or not people try to scam banks as well by saying something is fraud when it wasn’t. Did you go though the dispute process and the arbitration? 

did you report the scam right away? 

scams are the reason I check my accounts often if you don’t you might consider doing that in the future 

howejosh
Explorer C

Been disputing it since 3 hours after it happened which was Oct 4th. Chase let it post after we wanted it canceled after researching it. Having credit cards for 15 plus years every transaction is monitored.  I will be going to arbitration looking for a lawyer now.

Andysouthwest
Adventurer C

Please explain in more detail what the scam is, since I am a faithful Chase credit card user.

howejosh
Explorer C

good luck, i used to be. lets just say don't think for a minute chase has your side whenever you make purchases. For example, you make a purchase with a company or what you think is a company and after researching, even just a few hours later you find out the company is fake, you call chase and they say the transaction has to post first before you can dispute it, which is a load of crap! So it posts , you open dispute after dispute talk to ten different people from the dispute department up to the executive department over the next four months for chase just to say the charge if valid even after you sent them all the information including a police report showing the company does not even exist! Chase didn't investigate nothing they just prolonged the process with their very bad communication and customer service and i am out over 2k dollars! Done with chase and you should be too!

JameGumb
Explorer C

I have been a customer of Chase for 32 years. That is ending now. I had a business double charge my card and Chase sided with the vendor. I wrote the Board of Directors and they sent me a canned response. I also filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau and my state Attorney General.

If they are going to allow for fraud then at the very least, make life difficult for them. Hold them accountable and ultimately do not give them any future business. When you do cancel your SWA Chase Vise (I assume you have it), let SWA know as well.

howejosh
Explorer C

Its unfortunate to hear of a similar issue with Chase bank. Yes I agree I will not be spending a dime with Chase. Spent over 120k with them last year, sadly big banks like Chase dont care a bit. Hopefully someone with SWA sees this!

howejosh
Explorer C

I forgot to mention,  I also filed complaints with the BBB, CFPB, FTC, Attorney General and currently in the beginning steps of the arbitration process. I also tried to hire a lawyer and couldn't find one that would take on big bank Chase in the entire city of Tulsa Ok,  so that just indicates how rigged the system is in my opinion.