Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass Deal

georjanna
Explorer C

Aloha, 

I booked two one-way trips so I could get the companion pass. I had originally booked one round trip, but I realized I wanted to fly into a different airport so I canceled and rebooked using the points I got from canceling. Does this still count towards the companion pass deal? Or would I not qualify anymore?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Companion Pass Deal

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

@georjanna wrote:

Aloha, 

I booked two one-way trips so I could get the companion pass. I had originally booked one round trip, but I realized I wanted to fly into a different airport so I canceled and rebooked using the points I got from canceling. Does this still count towards the companion pass deal? Or would I not qualify anymore?

Hola! According to the terms of this promotion, as long as you made both the original booking and your required changes within the promotional period (i.e.: booked and changed anytime between March 25 - March 27, 2024 inclusive) and the Promo is activated in your Rapid Rewards account, you should be good to go. The flight(s) need to be taken by May 22. Just make sure the Promo is activated in your account--Go to "My Account", scroll to "Wanna bring a friend for free* every time you fly?" area and make sure you see a green check mark there indicating the promo was activated at the time of booking/change.

If you make any changes to the flight after the promo expires tomorrow, that will void the flight from the promo.

I assume that you made this change by fully scrapping the original round trip through "Cancel Flight" and booked two fresh One Way Flights. If you made this change this way--so as long you're logged into your Rapid Rewards account with the Promotion activated in your Rapid Rewards account when you booked the two fresh one ways--you should be good.

If you go into your Rapid Rewards account, you can click on "View Details" in the promo area that describes the rules in detail.

Hope this helps!

Re: Companion Pass Deal

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

I noticed you mentioned points flights booked with points won’t count towards this promotion you must book a revenue flight (credit card, travel funds, gift cards, vouchers)