Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass - Ultimate Mistake

shaggyboji
Explorer C

So i got the two chase cards and hoping to get the credit card spending bonus points to hit this year and get the companion pass.  sadly, i messed up on one of the credit cards and overspent.  is there anyway to salvage this mistake? i am sure i am not the only one.

i got the personal and one of the southwest business cards.  there is a second business card. if i get that, can i also qualify for the spending bonus again?

any tips that you have is greatly appreciated. thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Companion Pass - Ultimate Mistake

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@shaggyboji wrote:

So i got the two chase cards and hoping to get the credit card spending bonus points to hit this year and get the companion pass.  sadly, i messed up on one of the credit cards and overspent.  is there anyway to salvage this mistake? i am sure i am not the only one.

i got the personal and one of the southwest business cards.  there is a second business card. if i get that, can i also qualify for the spending bonus again?

any tips that you have is greatly appreciated. thanks!

Sure - if you fly a bit you can earn lots of points. Try to strategically upgrade to Business Select to get 12x points instead of 6x with Wanna Get Away.

Rocketmiles or use Southwest Hotels. 

Here are many other ways to earn points:

End of Year - Tier Qualifying Points (southwest.com)

Its normal to earn it later in the year which a bonus can help achieve.

I think you have to wait 24 months before you can get a sign-up bonus again from a personal and business card but someone else will have to weigh in if the other business card would work again so soon.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.