Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass if Group is Sold Out

kvarnadoe1
Explorer C

I have the 8/15-9/30 companion pass deal, and I know I can't book my companion's seat until 8/15, but I've already booked and paid for my flight. The problem is now both of my flights for WGA fare are sold out, which is what I bought, and the other fares are WAY pricier.

Can I add my companion on 8/15 as long as the flight isn't totally sold out, or will it not let me if WGA fares are sold out? Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Companion Pass if Group is Sold Out

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@kvarnadoe1 wrote:

I have the 8/15-9/30 companion pass deal, and I know I can't book my companion's seat until 8/15, but I've already booked and paid for my flight. The problem is now both of my flights for WGA fare are sold out, which is what I bought, and the other fares are WAY pricier.

Can I add my companion on 8/15 as long as the flight isn't totally sold out, or will it not let me if WGA fares are sold out? Thanks!

You can add the companion if any seat is available, even if those are BS or Anytime seats for sale.

It won't matter that you have a WGA fare, one seat for the companion will be deducted from what's available in the other categories.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

kvarnadoe1
Explorer C

Thank you David! PS: Also a Disney fan so I love that you frequent MCO 🙂

Tambaongoc
Explorer C

I have the same situation. I am my husband's companion on a 8/15-9/20 companion pass deal. He already bought his tickets for a 8/15 flight. I am very glad to hear that he should be able to add me on 8/15 for any types of fare as long as there are seats. I have the following questions:

1. Can you please let me know how he should add me on 8/15?

2. What happens though if there are no seats available?

Thanks,

bec102896
Aviator A

Once the pass is in his account he would designate you as the companion from his account section of the website. Once designated he will see a add companion button on the reservation click pay the tax and your added 

if you have points you could hold the seat until you can be added 

Tambaongoc
Explorer C

Thank you.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Tambaongoc wrote:

I have the same situation. I am my husband's companion on a 8/15-9/20 companion pass deal. He already bought his tickets for a 8/15 flight. I am very glad to hear that he should be able to add me on 8/15 for any types of fare as long as there are seats. I have the following questions:

1. Can you please let me know how he should add me on 8/15?

2. What happens though if there are no seats available?

Thanks,

Many flights at T-24 hours when people check in there are people who forgot they are flying or start making same-day changes or who knows what - but often there end up being openings that same time at 24 hours prior to flight and in the morning the same day of the flights. 

I'm sure that is not very reassuring and if you didn't end up catching one could result in an expensive change in plans at the last minute.

But as long as the flight is not oversold then there likely will be some movement on availability at the last minute and you need to snag one of those when they come up.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Tambaongoc
Explorer C

Thanks so much. I took your advice and purchased a ticket using my points just in case all the tickets are sold out on 8/15.

Thanks again.