Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Didn't receive the Voucher LUV I was promised for picking up my lost bags

amoration
Explorer C

TLDR: The Vouchers promised were never received for picking up a lost bag at great expense.

I took a flight this week from Oakland to West Palm Beach and due to severe staffing shortages in Oakland airport most of the people there missed the early morning flight despite being in the airport over an hour ahead of time. The kiosks were broken, the bag drop line went out the door and took 30-45 minutes to drop a bag before the 45-60 minute security line left people with no options. 

My bag was lost in the process and due to living far from the airport I was promised a LUV voucher to pick it up when it was found and returned the day after the long flight day. The zipper looked to be broken at this time and no VOUCHER was given when I went to pick up the bag after paying $50 to rent a car and driving an hour each way to get there and pick it up since no delivery was easy to that area.

Where do I go to get the LUV VOUCHER that was promised for this tough travel experience? Between being forced to sign up for CLEAR to make the flight and renting a car to pick up my bag, I'm out an extra $200 on this flight so far and it's frustrating to be promised something that was not received. Where do I go for help?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Didn't receive the Voucher LUV I was promised for picking up my lost bags

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@amoration wrote:

TLDR: The Vouchers promised were never received for picking up a lost bag at great expense.

I took a flight this week from Oakland to West Palm Beach and due to severe staffing shortages in Oakland airport most of the people there missed the early morning flight despite being in the airport over an hour ahead of time. The kiosks were broken, the bag drop line went out the door and took 30-45 minutes to drop a bag before the 45-60 minute security line left people with no options. 

My bag was lost in the process and due to living far from the airport I was promised a LUV voucher to pick it up when it was found and returned the day after the long flight day. The zipper looked to be broken at this time and no VOUCHER was given when I went to pick up the bag after paying $50 to rent a car and driving an hour each way to get there and pick it up since no delivery was easy to that area.

Where do I go to get the LUV VOUCHER that was promised for this tough travel experience? Between being forced to sign up for CLEAR to make the flight and renting a car to pick up my bag, I'm out an extra $200 on this flight so far and it's frustrating to be promised something that was not received. Where do I go for help?

Hello!

Sorry to hear about the staffing incident at OAK as I fly regularly from there. As this forum is customer-to-customer, I would follow up directly with SW Customer Service on this and provide them with the Confirmation Number of your flight so they can follow up on this:
https://www.southwest.com/html/contact-us/

I would let the rep know that you had previously inquired about this incident under your Confirmation Number, was promised a LUV Voucher in return, but you never received it. They should be able to track it down for you or advise status of it.

Just so you know...If you fly out OAK in the future without CLEAR, notice a long TSA line at the Southwest Terminal 2 after checking your bags, and don't mind a little walk, you can always access your gate via the Terminal 1 TSA Checkpoint as OAK has an airside connector linking the two terminals post-TSA. In the meantime, enjoy your CLEAR membership as this a great perk and you'll be able to now skip the main portion of the TSA Checkpoint lines that have CLEAR. If you also decide later to get TSA PreCheck, CLEAR also feeds into the PreCheck lane too.

Hope this helps and hopefully a SW Rep can resolve your LUV Voucher delivery. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

Your experience is unacceptable.  File a lawsuit in small claims.  If there isn't enough concern to give you a LUV voucher, let the ace legal team explain it to a local judge.

bec102896
Aviator A

In my experience the voucher was given to me at the point of pick up. Sometimes the agents have a lot going on did you ask the agent when you picked up the bag about the voucher? The BSO would have issued that voucher. 

since you didn’t receive it at pick up I would send an email or call the reservations line and they can open a case and customer relations can take a look in to it.