Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Fraud - Account on Hold

smmaples
Explorer B

My account is on hold for apparent fraud activity in November. I was never notified of the "hold" until trying to book my daughter as my companion for 3 flights we have coming up in February. I called and followed the steps to get my account unlocked, which included uploading my driver's license. I was given a case number and they said in the confirmation approximately 10 business days for a resolution. Does anyone have experience with this, and if so how long did it actually take? Our first flight is in about a month, and I'm worried it won't be resolved before seats sell out. Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Fraud - Account on Hold

dfwskier
Aviator A

When people are concerned about seats elling out before they can add a companion, they typically buy the tickets and then have  the airline cancel them out as the companions are added.

RR points tickets are best. Points are refunded. Other tickets would be refunded as travel credits - except Anytime and Business Select which would be a refund to the original forms of payment.

smmaples
Explorer B

Unfortunately with my account on hold it won't let me purchase with points. I may just have to purchase outright with no RR# and then go back later to add the RR# for points. 

smmaples
Explorer B
Solution

Happy to report instead of the 10 days noted in the initial email from SWA, they have already unlocked my account in just a handful of hours! Happy and relieved! 

Deloney24
Explorer C

Thanks for sharing with us.