Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

New Rapid Rewards promotion: Earn 2X points on flights!

bec102896
Aviator A

New promotion for Southwest’s birthday! 

REGISTER then book by June 18th for all flights though October 31st you will earn double rapid reward points. 

already booked? To get the double points you would need to cancel and rebook to get the double points AFTER you register for the promotion. so if you got a good deal with that 40% off flights it may not be worth it to rebook. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: New Rapid Rewards promotion: Earn 2X points on flights!

cinerati
Explorer C

Do we ever receive any confirmation of these points before travel / points hit our account from the RR credit card purchase? I have the "registered!" shown on the promotions page but that's it....just crossing our fingers?

dfwskier
Aviator A

@cinerati wrote:

Do we ever receive any confirmation of these points before travel / points hit our account from the RR credit card purchase? I have the "registered!" shown on the promotions page but that's it....just crossing our fingers?

There's no crossing your fingers. If you follow the rules of the promotion, you'll get your points

And, no, you get no pre travel notification.

bec102896
Aviator A

@cinerati wrote:

Keep in mind this promotion is different than DND RR credit card points so you may have a promotion from the credit card but you would still need to register for this new promotion for the extra points. 

so in theory if you have a targeted CC offer you could make some nice points