Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

RAPID REWARDS REFERRAL POINTS

u2lk4me
Explorer C

Over the years I've signed up numerous friends and family for rapid reward accounts with Southwest (not Chase)...since then they've thanked me for setting up their account or referring them to it however, curious why Southwest doesn't provide any "referral" incentives to its loyal customers who in turn sign up others who later become loyal customers themselves? Sorry if this thread is a repeat, couldn't find anything in the search box that addressed this. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: RAPID REWARDS REFERRAL POINTS

franktravel
Aviator B

Check your emails.  I have received many "Refer a friend to Rapid Rewards" and receive points over the last few years.  I have also received many emails to refer friends to "Chase Rapid Rewards" 

stephenle2
Explorer C

How long does it take to receive the referral points after the friend has received there card? Do they have to reach the spending requirements? 

Swbffacilitator
Explorer C

I was told 8 weeks by a representative of Southwest Airlines.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@franktravel wrote:

Check your emails.  I have received many "Refer a friend to Rapid Rewards" and receive points over the last few years.  I have also received many emails to refer friends to "Chase Rapid Rewards" 

Just to clarify...you'd have to use these links, a regular "word of mouth" referral wouldn't be tracked in that way.

There may also be a general link to forward to friends/family, but if it isn't part of a promotion then also no bonus, but hopefully some goodwill from your friends/family if they enjoyed flying Southwest...have them buy you a beverage the next time you fly!

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.