Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Rewards credit card 30% promo code question

tessarat
Explorer C

I see that the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card is offering 60,000 points and a 30% off coupon code after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months. I have a question about the promo code. Is it only good for one ticket for one person, or can it be used on a trip where multiple people are included on the same flight? I'm planning a family trip for 7 and if I could use the promo code for all 7 tickets I would definitely sign up for this card. I've checked the offer details and it's not clear to me.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Rapid Rewards credit card 30% promo code question

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Without seeing/reading the promo myself, hard to say for sure. I would imagine if you use the code it will only work on a single transaction so you would need to buy all 7 tickets on a single reservation.

That being said, since it appears there is a 3 month spend requirement, Chase may not issue the coupon code for 3 months even if you achieve the spend in 1 month, that plus the the time to get the card could realistically equate to 4-5 months before you get your coupon? (that is a guess) I would be hesitent to plan a trip for 7 around the assumption I will have a coupon that I don't have in hand.

Your mileage may vary

Safe Travels

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

The T&Cs for the promotion state that

1)you should allow up to 8 weeks for the promotion code to show up (from the date of the card statement on which you qualify (it'll probably be less)

2) your crd must be active on the dte you use the code

3) the code must be used by 10/31/24

Since SW will let you book up to 8 people on one reservation, you should be able to book your 7 people and have all 7 get the discount

tessarat
Explorer C

This is the answer I was hoping for, thank you!

tessarat
Explorer C

I should be fine time-wise because my trip will be in January 2024 so that gives me almost 7 months to get the card, spend the required amount, and receive the points and the promo code. Thanks 🙂

SillyCyclist
Explorer C

Hello, I got the same card in the summer of 2023.  I have spent the required amount and got the 60,000 points credited to my Rapid Rewards account.  However, I don't recall getting the 30% Discount code.  How is that provided, and did it come with all of the rules and regulations?

SillyCyclist
Explorer C

SillyCyclist_0-1702443296091.jpeg

Offer from May24, 2023.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Earlier in the thread it was stated that the code had to be USED by 10/31/24. If true, getting the code now would not do you very much good.