Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Transferring points won't take any credit cards

jeremyryanquick
Explorer C

I'm attempting to transfer a few points to my wife.  Whenever I attempt to pay I get this message:  "There was a problem with your credit card information. Please try again, or try a different card."

I've tried multiple times, with different card on different devices in different browser and I always get the same message.  I called the 800 number and they said they weren't able to help and it had to be done through the website.  Anyone have any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Transferring points won't take any credit cards

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jeremyryanquick wrote:

I'm attempting to transfer a few points to my wife.  Whenever I attempt to pay I get this message:  "There was a problem with your credit card information. Please try again, or try a different card."

I've tried multiple times, with different card on different devices in different browser and I always get the same message.  I called the 800 number and they said they weren't able to help and it had to be done through the website.  Anyone have any ideas?

My first suggestion is to make sure that you need to transfer them - you are able to book travel for your wife (or anyone else) directly from your own account without paying the transfer fees.

The best case for transferring or buying points is if the other person has almost enough points to book a flight but needs a little more to enable use of them.

Double check the RR numbers - it sounds like since you tried multiple devices and browsers and cards that it isn’t a problem with your equipment but there is some other issue with the transfer.

Can you verify if the cost to transfer is less than buying the points for your wife and try just buying the points she needs?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.