Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: hotel points towards companion pass?

confused1
Explorer A

hi everyone and thank you so much all your help.  I am really confused 😞  I guess my question is...if I gain 135,000 RR points, let's say for example, in March 31, 2024, will i qualify Companion Pass status?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@confused1 wrote:

hi everyone and thank you so much all your help.  I am really confused 😞  I guess my question is...if I gain 135,000 RR points, let's say for example, in March 31, 2024, will i qualify Companion Pass status?

No, the total rapid reward points doesn't do anything for status. Some people who never spent them could have millions of points.

You have to earn 135,000 points during a calendar year, it resets to zero again 1/1/2025.

so if you started Jan 1 for example with 60,000 points in the bank.

Then after January 1st your CP earning went to zero, but you kept the 60,000 points.

In 2024 you earned 65,000 CP points so far, 55,000 of which were also Rapid Rewards points.

Your bank would then be 115,000 points and your CP earning this year 65,000 points.

If you continued to earn points this year, another 70,000 points these would count both towards your bank of RR points as well as CP qualifying points.

You'd end up with 135,000 CP points and 185,000 RR points at that point.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

LoganCortez
Explorer C

Typically, points earned through hotel stays don't count towards the Companion Pass, but there might be some promotions or exceptions. If you're aiming to rack up points quickly, why not mix it up a bit? Consider exploring different avenues for earning points. Maybe look into credit card sign-up bonuses or airline promotions. And hey, if you're planning any trips soon, why not head over to Thailand? Check out this link for some inspiration: https://thaitriplover.com/nightlife-entertainment. I've heard the nightlife and entertainment there are absolutely incredible!