Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

short term companion pass starts jan 8

mariimel
Explorer C

can anyone confirm about the companion pass earned for jan8 til march 8 by flying one round trip during sept dates?  how do you confirm you earned it?  i thought notification would be sent but i received nothing.

1 REPLY 1

Re: short term companion pass starts jan 8

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

@mariimel wrote:

can anyone confirm about the companion pass earned for jan8 til march 8 by flying one round trip during sept dates?  how do you confirm you earned it?  i thought notification would be sent but i received nothing.

Hello!

I qualified for Promo Companion Pass with my roundtrip flight from SAN to PHX.

There are two ways you can check to see if you qualified. Note that you must have first registered for this promotion by clicking on the "Register" button in the promo ad under your Rapid Rewards account before booking the required new flight(s), all within the specified date windows.

First option: Look for the email with the subject "You've earned promotional Companion Pass(R)! You did it!" which should have been sent within 24-48 hours of completing the entire required flight itinerary that lists the details and what to expect. 

Second Option: If you cannot locate this email, log into your Rapid Rewards account on the Southwest desktop website and look for the promo graphic under the "My Promotions" area toward the bottom of the page below your "Upcoming Flights" dashboard:

Promo CP 9.2023.png

If you qualify and see the promo active in your account as "Qualified", per the promo rules, you can book travel now, and starting January 8, add your Companion to your existing flights booked through March 8, 2024. Be on the lookout for an email with all the details, how to's, and information to fully enjoy the Promotional Companion Pass.

If you don't see the promo in your account dashboard, there's a possibility that your flight did not qualify. Per the promo rules, the promo must have been registered to your Rapid Rewards account prior to booking the required flight and that the flight must have been new booking paid entirely with dollars, Southwest LUV Vouchers, gift cards, or travel funds, and with no portion of the purchase price paid for with Rapid Rewards® points. Qualifying flights must be booked after registering for the promotion and before 11:59 p.m. CDT August 30, 2023.

Any changes to the promo reservation that fell outside of the promotional requirements (e.g.: registration date, booking date, travel date, etc.) would disqualify the flight from the promotion. I assume that would include same-day Flight Change and Standby. In other words, flights must have been purchased and/or changed during the promotional period and the new flight(s) must be flown between August 28 and September 30, 2023 to meet the terms and conditions of the promotion.