Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

2 last names plane ticket.

America17
Explorer C

Hello, 

4 days ago I bought a plane ticket and I wrote my name, middle name and 1 last name. 
but on my official ID I have 2.

So I was wondering if there is no problem with that. 
thank you 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: 2 last names plane ticket.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@America17 wrote:

Hello, 

4 days ago I bought a plane ticket and I wrote my name, middle name and 1 last name. 
but on my official ID I have 2.

So I was wondering if there is no problem with that. 
thank you 

Have you done this before when flying?

I would call in or reach out via twitter to confirm, use the “contact us” information below.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

America17
Explorer C

No this is my first time. Sadly I made the mistake to not put both of our last names. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@America17 wrote:

No this is my first time. Sadly I made the mistake to not put both of our last names. 

What method of ID will you be using, and can you tell us the city pairs you are flying? i.e. mainly if you are international you may have some issues with your passport.

If this is a domestic flight then you can probably get through with extra screening if needed - this would be similar to the FAQ items about not having ID with you - you'll need to prove your identity at TSA through a hopefully brief interview.

Here is some info from the wayback machine:

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Check-In-Boarding/Drivers-License-Doesn-t-Match-Name-on-Ticket/td...

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/identification

I suggest to start a Rapid Rewards account so you can have the information filled automatically in the future with the correct arrangement of names.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

America17
Explorer C

Thank you very much. It’s a passport from Mexico. It’s a domestic travel round trip Chicago, IL - El Paso, TX 

America17
Explorer C

Update: 

I called them and they could add the second lasts name. 
Thank you for your help!