Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

App not letting me log in error code: 429999999

fceballos8
Explorer C

Looking for help. Have contacted Southwest numerous times and they have been no help with the app. Called and email and get generic information of how to download app. I have no problem login in via web browser. My user name and password work. So not sure what I need to do. I’ve downloaded and removed the app.  Restarted my phone and a combination of all. 
Any help is appreciated. 
Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: App not letting me log in error code: 429999999

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@fceballos8 wrote:

Looking for help. Have contacted Southwest numerous times and they have been no help with the app. Called and email and get generic information of how to download app. I have no problem login in via web browser. My user name and password work. So not sure what I need to do. I’ve downloaded and removed the app.  Restarted my phone and a combination of all. 
Any help is appreciated. 
Thanks 

Hello-

I think this might be a technical issue on Southwest's end. At what point are you getting this error on the app and when did this error pattern start? (Logging In? Booking Flight? Check-in?)

If you need to check-in or modify a flight for now, I would continue to use the Southwest website option until this resolves. I would also respond back to their reply that you tried the "generic" solution which did not resolve the problem.

bec102896
Aviator A

Do you use a username or your RR number to log in? 

if you use your RR number try using your username 

DublinDown
Explorer C

I'm getting the same error on my Iphone 13. I don't know if it's related to the IOS?  Just got this phone and as soon as i try logging into the app I get:  Your request could not be completed at this time. Please try again later. Error 429999999. 

I can log in from my other devices with no error.

bddinva
Explorer C

We are getting the same exact error and have spent countless hours on the phone with Southwest to no avail.  We can log in fine on an Android phone and on the SW website, but cannot log in on an iPhone 13 no matter what we try.  

DublinDown
Explorer C

Much to my surprise I was able to get into the app tonight without the same error.  I did reboot my phone first before I tried.  Maybe your talking to them for so long convinced them to try to fix it 🤔

bddinva
Explorer C

Ours worked today too!