Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Cancelled Trip and was forced to uograde to keep flight.

Sgbryan
Explorer C

I called in to upgrade my trip. There was an error with processing. So, I called back and was told that my trip had been cancelled due to a error in processing.  They did not call me! I called them. Had I not, I would have been at the airport with a cancelled trip. I had to pay for the upgrade again and received boarding passes that had not been upgraded. I called back in and was told that I would receive an email, which I have not and the refund would take a billing cycle.  I am extremely surprised in the lack of empathy that each representative had, the inability to take ownership for their mistake and the lack of communication.  I have never experienced anything like this. And, yes... It was every person I spoke with. If I have a choice, I would not recommend this company for anything. Especially if you are looking to enjoy a vacation. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Cancelled Trip and was forced to uograde to keep flight.

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@Sgbryan wrote:

I called in to upgrade my trip. There was an error with processing. So, I called back and was told that my trip had been cancelled due to a error in processing.  They did not call me! I called them. Had I not, I would have been at the airport with a cancelled trip. I had to pay for the upgrade again and received boarding passes that had not been upgraded. I called back in and was told that I would receive an email, which I have not and the refund would take a billing cycle.  I am extremely surprised in the lack of empathy that each representative had, the inability to take ownership for their mistake and the lack of communication.  I have never experienced anything like this. And, yes... It was every person I spoke with. If I have a choice, I would not recommend this company for anything. Especially if you are looking to enjoy a vacation. 

Hello!

I'm not sure what exactly you experienced as the description of the incident is a bit broad. I find it highly unusual for a computer glitch to cancel a flight reservation with multiple Southwest CSA's not being able to restore or rebook it for you.  A few questions that may help:

1. Was your original flight reservation booked directly through Southwest?
    When you attempted to upgrade your trip, did you contact Southwest directly to request the upgrade and what upgrade were you attempting to apply to your reservation (i.e. Fare class upgrade, Early Bird Check-In, Upgraded Boarding)?

2. What exactly happened when you received word that the there was an "error in processing" followed by the reservation being cancelled? Describe the sequence of events.

3. Where there any other possible circumstances that would have flagged this reservation for "error in processing" cancellation during the upgrade process (e.g. open issue/dispute with the form of payment used for the original reservation, reservation conflict with another booking, etc)? The airline should be able to provide a more specific reason.

I would try contacting Southwest again on this to see if you are due a LUV Voucher to compensate for the difference in the rebooked fare for this incident.