Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Error Code: 400614688 Rental city code invalid

spyromike
Explorer C

For over a year you have had the wrong airport code for car reservations with Hertz for MSP Terminal 2. Can someone fix this?

This happens on both the Southwest App and web browsers.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Error Code: 400614688 Rental city code invalid

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@spyromike wrote:

For over a year you have had the wrong airport code for car reservations with Hertz for MSP Terminal 2. Can someone fix this?

This happens on both the Southwest App and web browsers.

Hello-

I tried to reproduce this on the desktop website by starting a car reservation, using MSP as the airport, was able to select a car, and made it to the personal details page. 

I would doublecheck to make sure your App, devices and browsers are all up to date. Also make sure any payment info saved to the account is current and correct. If they are, at what point of the Car Rental booking process does this error occur? 

spyromike
Explorer C

I can make it to the personal details page too, but when I go to finalize / submit the reservation, it gives this error code.

I downloaded the latest version of the app today, still get this error. I also tried on Chrome, Edge, and FireFox - same problem. Only the App says this is a Rental City Code Error. All 4 platforms give the same error code number.

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@spyromike wrote:

I can make it to the personal details page too, but when I go to finalize / submit the reservation, it gives this error code.

I downloaded the latest version of the app today, still get this error. I also tried on Chrome, Edge, and FireFox - same problem. Only the App says this is a Rental City Code Error. All 4 platforms give the same error code number.

Not sure if the glitch is global or isolated to your account but it appears to be IT-related. Also assuming your payment cards in your profile are current. At this point, I would give Southwest Customer Service a call to report this and ask what needs to be done so you can book your car for your trip.

https://www.southwest.com/html/contact-us/

spyromike
Explorer C

Done. I've been able to make 2 other reservations using my same information so I don't think that is the root cause. (both car and flight reservations)

It appears that when I notified Southwest of this last year, it was not addressed.

Hopefully the email I just sent will get to the right hands.

spyromike
Explorer C

Still not fixed as of 9/8/2023.

dfwskier
Aviator A

I have to think this issue is tied to you and you alone. Why would I say that? Answer: because no one else is reporting the problem, and I suspect you are not the only person who wants to rent from Hertz in MSP.

What happens if you try to rent from a different company?

spyromike
Explorer C

Please see above - I'm able to make car reservations for another company at MSP using the same dates.

If anyone here can reserve a Hertz car for MSP that would be helpful to know. Reservations can be cancelled and there is no up-front charge, so no harm if anyone else tries.