Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Family of 8 stranded in Phoenix

christakp33
Explorer B

Our flight was cancelled tonight due to "weather". I don't see any major weather events anywhere in the United States at this moment. We were supposed to fly home tonight. I have 6 children flying with my husband and I. When I called, was on hold for over an hour only to be told they can't refund immediately (will take up to a week to receive funds), they can't re-book us on another airline, and we are stuck here until Sunday. What if that flight gets cancelled as well??? I'm a nurse and missing work - at least a thousand dollars in missed wages. This is a big trip for us. We rarely vacation because of our family size. Being stranded was not a viable option. I'm so upset. I've emailed, twittered, messaged on facebook and  am currently on 50+ minutes hold with customer relations. Skip the regular line, go right to customer relations. The regular line will do nothing for you other than apologize. Words mean nothing when my families budget is being blow out of the water by an airline that has received billions of dollars in assistance from the government. I used to love this company but simply can't imagine risking this again. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Family of 8 stranded in Phoenix

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry your flight was cancelled. Hopefully when you get through to customer relations they will be able to help. You can also keep checking the flights to see if any open up for later today or tomorrow. 

Another thought since you are a big group you might consider trying 4 and 4 on 2 different flights. 

-Blake 

Re: Family of 8 stranded in Phoenix

christakp33
Explorer B

Thank you for the reply. I've looked at 4/4 split and can't find anything. Found a flight for one of us that leaves tomorrow but doesn't fix the problem.  Ugh. I'm still on hold. 2.5 hours. Sucks so bad. It's not looking hopeful