Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

HELP, Cancelled Flight!

Ona
Explorer C

I booked a flight back in June from SNA to PVR on 12/19, there were 2 flights.  I just went to check my points to see if they went down for that flight and it was missing from my account!  I went in to book the flight and it was totally missing, only 1 flight that day now, which is completely booked!  I never even received an email that it was cancelled.  This is 2nd half of a multi-stop trip, and I can't change the date to leave on 12/18 or 12/20, because all resorts and plans are made for the 2 different locations.  

Is it possible that SW will add a flight back on that day?  I have checked all 5 airports in driving distance and they are all booked for that day!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: HELP, Cancelled Flight!

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@Ona wrote:

I booked a flight back in June from SNA to PVR on 12/19, there were 2 flights.  I just went to check my points to see if they went down for that flight and it was missing from my account!  I went in to book the flight and it was totally missing, only 1 flight that day now, which is completely booked!  I never even received an email that it was cancelled.  This is 2nd half of a multi-stop trip, and I can't change the date to leave on 12/18 or 12/20, because all resorts and plans are made for the 2 different locations.  

Is it possible that SW will add a flight back on that day?  I have checked all 5 airports in driving distance and they are all booked for that day!

Hello-

This forum is customer-to-customer; Southwest Customer Service would likely need to review your booking to confirm this and to provide alternative plans but I may be able to answer the points question for you. 

Just to clarify, it appears you booked this trip back in June which will take place this December. Correct? If so, the Rapid Rewards points will post to the account after the complete trip is finished in December, not at booking.

Regarding the "missing" second flight option, I find it unusual to not receive a cancellation notice on a booked flight that the airline cancels. I would give Customer Service a call to be sure:

https://www.southwest.com/html/contact-us/

Ona
Explorer C

Maybe I should have phrased it a little differently.  I was just wondering if anyone has seen SW remove a flight, but add another one for the same day.  

I too was surprised about not receiving an email when I have in the past for cancelled/changed flights.  When I spoke with customer service she said she is not sure why an email did not go out, and my points are still there as a holding spot, whatever that means.

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@Ona wrote:

Maybe I should have phrased it a little differently.  I was just wondering if anyone has seen SW remove a flight, but add another one for the same day.  

I too was surprised about not receiving an email when I have in the past for cancelled/changed flights.  When I spoke with customer service she said she is not sure why an email did not go out, and my points are still there as a holding spot, whatever that means.

Thanks! Yes, Southwest may be forced into positions where they have to have to update its schedule due to several factors including those beyond its control. I have not experienced this personally with my trips. What is unusual was the lack of email. 

Looks like you did what you can by speaking to a rep. Were they able to re-accommodate you or offer an alternative trip plan (e.g. booking you from SNA to another major Southwest airport like LAS, PHX or DAL and then separately to PVR Mexico)?

bec102896
Aviator A

Schedule changes are not fun especially when they don’t tell you about them they actually happen more frequently than pre Covid and max8 issue days. Usually the system rebooks you and it sends you an email 

I’d search your email for the subject line: A change was made to your 11/19 trip (insert your travel date though) I just got a schedule change last Thursday 

you could also try looking up your reservation with the confirmation number from your original booking